Schoenstatt of Ohio

Nothing Without You…Nothing Without Us.

Schoenstatt of Ohio header image 2

Blessing of Wayside Shrine and Leaders

October 20th, 2010 · No Comments

It was a joyous occasion for those who gathered for the blessing of our new Schoenstatt Wayside Shrine on the grounds of the Transfiguration Center in Ludlow Falls, Ohio.  On October 18, 1914, Fr. Joseph Kentenich gave a talk to some seminarians in his care. He invited Mary to come and dwell in a particular place, a small inconspicuous chapel, to form and educate some young men to be “firm, free, priestly personalities”. The seminarians in exchange would give her their hearts, minds, work, and lives.  The place was Schoenstatt, Germany.

Yesterday, on the anniversary of this founding talk by Fr. Kentenich, members of the Ohio Schoenstatt family gathered to ask Mary to make this “little place” a place of grace.  A place where all who gather may know of Mary’s constant care and her desire to help us on the pathway to heaven.  A beautiful point of the ceremony occurred when Curtis Kneblik presented the “Cana Jar” which had been used to collect all the “Contributions to the Capital of Grace” as well as petitions over the past year.  The jar was absolutely full, and these petitions and contributions were offered up to our MTA by burning them in a fire.

At the close of the liturgy, after the blessing of the shrine, Mike Schubert recognized Carol and Gordon Lis for the 25 years of leadership to the Schoenstatt movement in Ohio.  A prayer of blessing was offered to Curtis Kneblik as the new Diocesan Leader for Ohio with his wife Tracy by Fr. John MacQuarrie.

Tags: News